Purchase on streaming
Due to the isolation imposed by the COVID 19 Pandemic, online shopping has grown and gained many customers in recent years. According to a survey carried out by the consultancy eMarketer, in 2020 online sales accounted for 17.8% of world trade. Now, in 2022, that number is expected to rise to 21%, taking global e-commerce to $5.5 trillion in gross revenue. Value almost four times greater than Brazil’s GDP.
Part of these sales were made through Shop Streaming . Streaming services , like Netflix and Amazon Prime, we already know. It is an instant transmission of digital content, whenever and wherever the subscriber wants. A tool that could put an end to the big radio and TV chains. Or at least force them into irreversible adaptation.
According to SEBRAE , Shop Streaming , a trend that emerged in China, is a tool that uses “ transmission technology with the aim of promoting online sales. It is a video made in real time, which shows the products of a certain company and allows customers to interact and buy what is being advertised ”. If you thought this was similar to cable TV shopping channels or free-to-air teleshopping programs, you’re right. The difference is in the immersion that the consumer makes in this live transmission. After all, in most cases, Shop Streamingreach potential customers through the mobile screen. It is worth remembering that, according to a survey released by Ebit/Nielsen, 56% of Brazilians make virtual purchases via smartphone in the first half of 2021.
This year, at least 160 billion dollars will arrive through live broadcasts made by streaming services. They are entertainment lives , with songs and interviews. They are purely commercial lives . Or almost. In Shop Streaming, the product is the protagonist. So it will be displayed that way, like a show, with a lot of information about the item and the interaction with consumers. The strategy is to give the customer the feeling of a physical purchase, leaving him calm, but completely involved.
We are talking about a trend that not only brings benefits to companies, but also opens up vacancies in the job market. Two million jobs were created in China alone thanks to this tool.
In Brazil, large companies already adopt this sales technique. Corporations such as Magazine Luiza , Americanas , Riachuelo and ChilliBeans . Due to the size of their operations, these business networks use their own apps and YouTube channels to stream sales live. But that doesn’t mean smaller companies can’t use this tactic as well.
There are even companies in Brazil that help shopkeepers with the Shop Streaming service . This is the case of Irroba, an e-commerce platform launched with the support of Pagar.me, StoneCo Group’s digital payment technology. Five clients are testing the work developed by this virtual startup: Ótica 5G, Becaps, Day2Day, CNS Sapatos Masculinos and Rosê Alianças. According to the website ecommercebrasil.com.br, “ Live commerce, with sellers and influencers in live transmissions, is a well-known format for presenting products from a distance. However, the Shop Streaming product ( created by Irroba) sets out to be even more personalized and immersive. On the site’s purchase page, the customer can request contact with a seller. From there, a waiting room is created and, in a few minutes, the customer is served by a salesperson with the chosen product in hand. Doubts can be resolved in real time and in a completely personalized way, in direct contact between seller and consumer. In addition, the technology has an Artificial Intelligence system. With this technology, sellers will be able to identify whether or not their service is winning over the customer on the other side and thus make more assertive sales, delivering what the consumer really expects” .
Customized sale. That makes all the difference. But it is just one more option within this technique. The idea, in short, is to build a digital link with the consumer so that they buy again through the tool. But some tips, given by SEBRAE and the unifor.br website, are important in this process, even when it comes to outsourcing the service:
- USE QUALITY EQUIPMENT – The first tip is to use a cell phone and equipment that provide good image, sound and lighting quality. With the growth of lives, the accessories market began to offer several solutions at attractive prices, including tripods for cell phones or cameras and special lighting accessories. After securing all the equipment, try to find the best angle where it is easier to show the products in detail. Also try to create a script to show that you master the subject and avoid moments of inactivity or confusion, which can make people abandon the live.
- ALSO PAY ATTENTION TO THE STAGE – A setting that complements the colors of the product, with objects that make the audience feel represented, helps to produce a more pleasant look.
- HAVE A TEAM TO HELP WITH ANSWERS IN REAL TIME – In addition to not occupying the memory of the customer’s mobile device as it does not require a download, it is able to monitor the products and advantages presented in real time and interact, answer questions and mature the idea of purchase. It is very important that several people participate at the time of the live, so that at least one person is in charge of answering and solving the doubts that arise during the transmission. This return to the customer can guarantee the sale, or remove it from the transmission if it does not occur.
- OFFER ADVANTAGES TO CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE DURING THE LIVE – In addition to special live discounts, which are currently highly anticipated by consumers, the idea of introducing a raffle for participants, or discounts and products in associated stores, is also being raised. consolidated as a differentiator.
- ENGAGE THE HELP OF DIGITAL INFLUENCERS – Digital influencers can help your business by advertising live and even during your presentation. As the vast majority have thousands of followers, this can help increase your brand reach and get more people to join and buy your business during the live stream .
- OFFER PRODUCT DELIVERY OPTIONS TO PEOPLE IN OTHER CITIES – Remember that the transmission is done online and reaches people all over the world, whether or not they are close to your business. So, before the live happens, create methods of how deliveries will be made to people from other cities, for example, if you only have a physical store. If you have e-commerce, this won’t be a problem.
- SEARCH FOR BALANCE – Even if the focus of life is the sale of products, remember that excessive advertising leads the customer to a feeling of discomfort. As such, strategically balancing live entertainment with sales becomes essential.